On Sunday 4th November 2018, the Lord-Lieutenant joined local dignitaries and members of the community, at a service held at All Saints’ Church Ryde, to rededicate the All Saints’ War Memorial.
During the Great War, 161 men from the parish of All Saints’ Ryde lost their lives and many more were wounded. The memorial was dedicated on 11th March 1921 at a ceremony led by the Bishop of Southampton, and unveiled by Major General J E B Seely, CB CMG DSO MP and Lord-Lieutenant of Hampshire.
Over the passage of time, the Portland Stone weathered and the names wore away. The Friends of All Saints’ Church raised the money to conserve the memorial and restore it to as near as possible, as it was in 1921.